Friday, January 13, 2012

Baking Cake...


Today was centered around baking and decorating a fondant covered 4 tier birthday cake that was commissioned by a neighbor. I always have fun baking and I love decorating with fondant, even though it can be a bit nerve-wracking when baking for a paying customer. I've had my home bakery up and running for over 3 months now and I still get nervous about my finished results. I want everyone to love them as much as I do!

This cake was made up of layers of milk chocolate cake and white cake with filling layers of buttercream, raspberry filling, and milk chocolate ganache. Yum, yum, yum!

The next time I have an order like this one I will attempt another tutorial. I know that step-by-step tutorials have helped me become a better crafter and baker so I want to share what I've learned with all of you! Tomorrow morning I will be baking some Peanut Butter Cup - Cupcakes and I'll be sure to post some pics tomorrow.

Baking makes me tired, I'm going to bed now :o)

Pam
a.k.a. The Creative Momster

No comments:

Post a Comment